Saturday 26 October 2013

Touching bass with Touchstone in London - An evening of prog!

Wow, I got home after 2am this morning, got to sleep about 3am and woke up about 8.30am(ish).  Why? Well I was a-rocking and a-rolling in London.  So today has been doing exciting things, like shopping in Sainsbury's and, erm, buying vacuum cleaners!  How rock and roll am I?

But last night was the Garage in Islington, so here are some photos and a few comments from the night.  Just wanted to prove that whilst chemotherapy is not fun, if you are sensible you can still have a life.


So ,allow me introduce you, from left to right, Mr Jon "Twang" Patrick of House Of Progression, his partner in crime, Mr Geoff Banks and my lovely friend and stalker, Miss Jill Lerner.  Good friends and decent people.  House Of Progression put on last night's gig, featuring Touchstone and the Von Hertzen Brothers.  A success, my friends, a success.



When I was younger, as we all were, one of my favourite bands was, and still is, Twelfth Night.  The Ceiling Speaks from their Live And Let Live album still sends shivers up my spine.  So this photo of my friend Clive Mitten AKA Major Clanger talking to Twang fills me with pride to know these lovely people.

And to compliment the previous picture, the wonderful Lady C, Angela Gibbins AKA Mrs Mitten, again with Twang (honestly, how many photos is he in?).  The lovely people help to keep my spirits up.




Ah, this is Mr Roger Marsh, gainfully employed by Fraser and Fraser of Heir Hunters fame.  Always good to see Roger.  And behind him are



from left to right, Mr Chris Foskett, Mr Kevin Blackett and Mr Grant Meaby!  Proof that not only are you never too old to rock and roll, but growing old gracefully is such a waste of time!  Life would be so dull without the mad and wonderful people in it,


Ah, Mr Rob Ramsay, lyricist and "spoken word part" performer for Tinyfish.  He understands the importance of a semi-colon.  Goodness, he beat me to that joke before I could mention it.  Nice one sir!



Ah, ladies and germs, the wonderful Sarah Worsley, who has promised she will run the London Marathon in 2015.  The moral of the story is, don't take the piss out Jerry Ewing, editor of Prog magazine.

And here is Mr Jerry Ewing, for whom on this I am his right hand man, with his pet marathon runner.  I shall look forward to sponsoring her in the near future.

And finally, Miss Kim "Elkie" Seviour!  Singist and all round girl of Touchstone vamping it up very well.


Thanks one and all, including those I have no snaps of, for a top evening.  Do it again soon I hope.

Jym

Oh, and thanks to Von Hertzen Brothers.  Excellent band.  Nice one chaps.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great night Mr Coz...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a great night. Sadly the lovely Touchstoners failed to sell me their singist. They may still have need of her.

      Delete